Rhode Island Attorney Works to Modify Orders and Agreements

Warwick lawyer assists clients seeking changes in child support, custody or alimony

All families change over time. As their needs and goals change, legal action may be necessary to make sure that existing court orders evolve to meet new family requirements. What was suitable to the parties at the time of the divorce may no longer work as jobs change, children age and parents remarry. Robert E. Bollengier Law Offices helps families obtain appropriate modifications to child support, child custody, visitation, time sharing and alimony. I also address relocation issues when parents move into or out of Rhode Island.

Modifications of child custody or time sharing, child support and alimony often require proof to the court that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. Substantial changes can be as simple as a greater financial need or increase in income, or may include a change in your child’s environment or time sharing.

I serve as an advocate for your family

I advocate for your rights in court to help you get the child support and child custody modifications you and your children need, and guide you through the often difficult procedures to get results. I also help families with domestication of foreign or out-of-state judgments, assisting them in obtaining court orders that ask the State to treat an order from another state as its own. Domestications for matters like child support and visitation can be especially useful when families with children move into or out of the state.

I provide families with individualized legal assistance

When you bring your modification case to my firm, I review your goals with you. Then I examine the existing agreements between you and your ex-spouse or child’s parent. Together we set realistic, achievable objectives to bring before the Rhode Island family court judge. Whether you are seeking an adjustment in your spousal or child support, are looking to adjust your visitation schedule, or are attempting to become the primary custodian of your children, I can help.

I take action for you as fast as the Rhode Island family courts allow. I take the time to work closely with you to understand your unique circumstances, goals and concerns.

Contact an experienced family law attorney

Call Robert E. Bollengier Law Offices at 401-400-3007 or contact me online to schedule a consultation at my Warwick, Rhode Island office.

Quick Contact Form

Quick Contact Form